Penn State Foundation Relations
Connecting Penn State faculty and staff with private foundations to advance the University’s research and programmatic strengths and priorities.
About the Foundation Relations Office
To generate transformative private foundation support for Penn State through the development of mutually beneficial, long-term, collaborative relationships with internal partners and foundation leadership.
What we Do
- Identify research, programs, and projects that may be of interest to private foundations and similar funders.
- Provide background and context regarding funder interests, history of support, and other helpful information.
- Engage in strategy formation discussions to determine the best way to build or further a relationship with a foundation.
- Potentially connect you with private foundations leaders and program officers.
- Advise regarding or assist with LOI development and proposal submission.
- Collaborate with leadership, faculty, and research administrators across the University to ensure submission align with University policies and procedures.
- Following receipt of an award, assist with stewardship and relationship management to ensure a continued thriving partnership between Penn State and the foundation.
Browse our list of services to find out how we can help you.
Working with the Office of Foundation Relations
The Office of Foundation Relations works with private foundations to develop innovative programs, support faculty research, and advance the University’s mission.
We connect private foundations with faculty by:
- Partnering with faculty and administrators across all of Penn State to develop strategic and compelling foundation proposals.
- Conducting custom prospect research for faculty around discrete, innovative projects.
- Providing a list of current and anticipated foundation funding opportunities.
- Working with faculty to plan foundation visits and advise on communication with foundations.